Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Fledglings


At the end of the day today, I walked into the house to the usual flutter of birds flying around and out, but this time the flying wasn't graceful and swift but awkward and erratic. I watched one fledgling alarmingly bounce around and run into things looking for a safe perch. A few hours later all three were perched on different window sills resting up for the next test flight. Though I'm fairly ignorant of the life cycle of birds, I'm pretty sure that they're close to being gone for good. We'll have to save the nest.


This afternoon I set up pump jack staging on the west side. I'll house wrap the west side and trim the gable ends then move the staging to the east and south sides for the same treatment. After all that I'll be ready to roof.

No comments: