Sunday, August 30, 2009

The Power of Not Thinking Negatively

After cutting in panels of insulation for most of today and getting help for a few hours from Team Molly/Eric, ninety percent of the insulation is in place. What's left is fastening the full panels to the studs; this should go quickly relative to the tedious job of cutting to fit. The drywall guy is supposed to come early this week with a contract. We'll walk through again to make sure everything's in place. Danny didn't dump as much rain as expected, but the two-plus inches we got was more than enough. Everything was dry inside thanks to the plastic covered openings. With a little luck, we'll be just about ready for drywall by the end of the week.

I've been hearing a lot lately about how I need to relax about the pace of things. It is true that a variety of issues over the last few weeks have got me not very optimistic about getting things ready enough soon enough. I've been so focused for the last three and a half months on what needs to happen before October that I really didn't think about a plan B. So, absent any alternative, I allowed stress to muddy my thinking, and I passed off some of this anxiety to my electrician who's not accustomed to working under such conditions. (Sorry, Michelle) I'm feeling better about it all for reasons not entirely clear, and if we have to rent the little red house up the hill for a month or so it won't be the end of the world.

Tomorrow will start by bringing Chloe to school for her first day of kindergarten.

No comments: