Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Self-Unemployed

My three years as a sailmaker have come to an end. Michelle thinks I have a hard time doing anything for more than three years. I reminded her that this month we will have been married for 7 years. Some of my work history does have a common thread though. My total of a dozen years in front of an oven, behind a sewing machine and swinging a hammer could constitute a degree in home economics. Maybe someday I'll be up for an honorary degree from the Betty Crocker Institute.
We completed our first materials purchase today: twenty-six sheets of 3/4" plywood and 126 8' 2x6's. This stuff will make the forms for the foundation and be re-used in the frame. I will be making the forms here at the house we're renting so I can plug in and use the circular saw. Mother Nature will determine the time for setting those forms and pouring the concrete.

No comments: