Tuesday, November 17, 2009

The First Third

I'm finished siding the south face of the house. One down two to go. I'm not really sure how I'm going to finish the siding directly above the porch on the west side. I may have to buy something that clamps to the seams so I have some way to stretch a board across the roof as a platform for a ladder. Working on the house two or three days a week makes for slow progress, but I seem to be settling into my new schedule. I told the insurance company today that it's reasonable to assume that I'd be done with the siding in six weeks.

I went running today for the first time in a year. (And what little running I did on Block Island while I was unemployed was the first running I'd done in years.) Just like riding a bike. Building a house must have a sufficient amount of cross-training what with climbing ladders and general lugging stuff around. On my short tour of the neighborhood I climbed a hill on a dirt road about a half mile away and got a nice view of the house in the distance. I'll try to get a picture from this vantage and post it.

No comments: