Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Forms


This afternoon I set up almost half of the forms for the foundation. It went well. The water level took some getting used to, but once I learned the tricks it worked well enough. Though, I must admit, a laser level would have been much more convenient.

Time and money have influenced some changes to the original plan. I had thought that having the screened in area as part of the same continuous concrete floor would have been a nice touch, but having it supported by posts with a regular old wood floor would be easier and cheaper. The bakery room has been on the chopping block in my mind for a while. Constructing the space and the oven would be costly and time consuming. Down the road if I felt inspired to build a clay oven, it could stand alone outside like traditional rural bread ovens in Quebec.

I could be pouring concrete in a couple weeks.

1 comment:

Tim Sheahan said...

Michael,

I am glad to see you are making real progress. I'd also like to thank you for one last Tapley story as they are always make me smile. More pictures please. Maybe you could even be in some? CKS is old enough to wield a camera.